СайтГлавнаяПорталКалендарьПоискРегистрацияВход

» Добро пожаловать, Гость. Пожалуйста, войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.
21 июль 2019, 12:55
  Forever Not Yours    A joint fate...    Пол  ›  Karma Boomerang
Участников в разделе: 0, гостей: 1
Сейчас в разделе нет никого из зарегистрированных участников

Стр.: 1 РекомендацияВерсия для печати
  Автор    Karma Boomerang  (прочитано 4 186 раз)
Mary Jane
Дата: 15 апрель 2007, 10:48 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
солист

the truth is out there

ж Сообщений: 462
Новый сингл Savoy "Karma Boomerang" можно послушать здесь. http://www.myspace.com/bandsavoy
СайтПС
Mariam
Дата: 15 апрель 2007, 15:37 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

я - сестра оборотня

ж Москва
Mary Jane, спасибо. Очень неплохо.

Каждый имеет право на ошибку....в том числе и я
ПСICQ Ответ: 1 - 17
Mary Jane
Дата: 18 апрель 2007, 11:49 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
солист

the truth is out there

Let's go down and see the man
throw some coins in the Karma Boomerang.

We're going to Grey Dog.
Somewhere down on Carmine st.
Throw flowers in the air
and slowly come awake.

Above us drunken birds
news filled with bloody murders.
Skylines and broken words.

You take your crystal pill
you get an instant thrill
you get your cup refilled and slowly come away.

Is this the year that we will turn it on it's side,
and lead a stationary life.

Karma is a boomerang.
СайтПС Ответ: 2 - 17
Mary Jane
Дата: 30 апрель 2007, 00:43 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
солист

the truth is out there

Savoy Songbook Vol 1.
http://www.a-ha.com/cparticle7818-417.html
СайтПС Ответ: 3 - 17
Natten
Дата: 30 апрель 2007, 11:14 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж Санкт-Петербург
Да, я видела эту новую статейку. Очень стильно выглядит обложка нового альбома, супер! Вообще, я уже писала, что Савой - это просто супер. А новый сингл Karma Boomerang мне ОЧЕНЬ нравится! Жаль, что загрузить его можно только в Норвегии, а пока можно слушать только на myspace савоевском. Мечтаю приобрести такой вот диск и даже есть надежда его купить, т.к. однокурсница скоро едет в Норвегию, вот я ее и озадачу

1. It's no better to be safe than sorry...
2. You always have your friends around, but something you should know I think they're fakers...
3. Half of the time I'm just not there out of reach some of the time I just pretend to a stranger or a friend...
(P.-W. Savoy)
ПС Ответ: 4 - 17
tangerine
Дата: 10 май 2007, 00:21 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж москва
From Savoy’s Songbook

"We no longer try to keep it a secret who I am. We shall play with open cards" says Paul Waaktaar-Savoy. Who finds it easier to keep the balance between the bands Savoy and a-ha.

Paul Waaktaar-Savoy has realised it is impossible to pretend he is not a member of a more succesful band, although it is Savoy who will soon be releasing a new album. Besides it has become easier to combine the two roles over the last year.

"It is much easier now, as a-ha no longer have a manager putting spokes in the wheel for Savoy. I felt we were shot and sunk by our own man" Paul Waaktaar-Savoy says about Brian Lane, who was responsible for a-ha’s business from the reunion in 1999 up to last year.

Songs in a new wrapping

a-ha are going to play a couple of concerts in Norway late summer, August 17 in Fredrikstad and August 25 in Tromsш. Thereafter starts preparation for a new album. In the meantime a new album with Savoy is due. A double album where one CD gathers old hits from the 5 earlier albums from 1996-2004. The other CD includes new productions of several of their old tunes – and 3 brand new songs.

"We have twisted and turned them a bit. At times it can be fun to see how the songs look in a new wrapping. That is why we are calling the album “Savoy Songbook”. Here are our songs, and they can be played in many ways" the trio state. On the new album they sat down together and more or less played the songs straight in. It sounds like something different than a-ha... The question is whether they were together in the studio at all when they made the last few albums ?

The answer is a resounding no. "But that's not so important. It probably has to be said that those albums were not the greatest examples of good co-operation either. But it was cool doing what Savoy did now. It took us 2 weeks in New York. The other Savoy albums were a little here and a little there" says Paul.

Restricted time

"Savoy has always been a typical studio band. The concerts being only the icing on the cake, and that is a bit weird for a band like us. Bands in our category are out and playing all the time. We've not had that opportunity. We have restricted time, we can’t do everything we'd like to as new opportunities present themselves".
Whilst a-ha has become a part of rock history, Savoy is a more alternative band playing on the so-called ‘Indie’ stage for music not as easy to sell. But not like everyone else, as one of the band members is now and then doing bigger things.

"When we started Savoy it was completely from scratch. We had a hand in everything, the music, videos, album covers. It was very exciting. But we realised we only did what we liked. It pays its price. We spent less time on what is needed to sell a band."

Big differences

To Paul Waaktaar-Savoy it has to be a big difference touring with a-ha and with Savoy. Just the machinery that surrounds it…

"In the beginning we carried all the equipment ourselves" Lauren remembers.

"Just for the kick" says Paul
"But it didn’t feel like an effort. We just want to get out there with the things we make" Lauren explains.

"This is the life we have chosen. It is an obsession" smiles Paul

NEW YORK (VG) When Savoy in June are collecting the best songs of their career on one album, the married couple hopes that it will function as a boomerang of karma.

Because the new single is called “Karma Boomerang”, and is one of three new songs on “Savoy Songbook Vol. 1” - a double CD with an ordinary “Best of”-disc and a second disc with some of Savoy’s old hits completely re-recorded. The expression “Karma Boomerang” hints at the text on the tip jar at their regular cafй Grey Dog in Soho, a few blocks away from where they live.

"I feel that we have released enough albums now to sum up our career, but we chose to do it this way. Savoy has always been a studio band - some may have seen us as weird because of that - but it felt natural to re-record some of the songs" Paul Waaktaar-Savoy explains over a classic Grey Dog coffe cup, where the cream pattern forms a dog paw.

"I guess we should have been performing everywhere, but as long as I’m in a-ha that proves to be quite impossible" he smiles, almost apologetically".

The re-recorded songs were done in a studio on Lower East Side with Michael Ilbert as producer. Lauren, who doesn’t have a second band and is therefore the musically most inactive of the Savoy couple, is full of admiration for her husband’s ability to reset himself to garage-band level after an a-ha tour where absolutely everything has been perfectly planned.

"As long as I’ve been married to Paul, success has never changed him. Paul refuses to let such a feeling sink in. He starts all over every time. “You can have it, but you can’t live it”, he use to say about success. And he is still saving the best songs for Savoy" Lauren smiles.

Possibly new a-ha album in 2008

Paul Waaktaar-Savoy confirms that the three a-ha members have already been in the studio to work their way towards a new album sometime during 2008.

"Intuitively I have a very good feeling. I think this can be very good" a surprisingly optimistic Waaktaar-Savoy says. He doesn’t hide the fact that it’s good to be just those three again. Too many people were involved the last time, he says, indirectly pointing towards among others manager Brian Lane, who left a-ha last year.

"Both Morten, Magne and myself like to have our own things in addition to a-ha, but Brian Lane regarded side-projects as a threat - that they were actually a sabotage for the whole of a-ha, while we ourselves didn’t see it as a problem at all. Quite the contrary - we feel that it’s a strength for the band. Therefore I’m aware that a-ha isn’t an easy band to be manager for - a certain sensitivity is required, but that’s also a word that rarely fits in the same sentence as Brian Lane" Paul Waaktaar-Savoy says.

VG - paper edition - 09.05.2007

i'm still talking to you
even though you've gone away...
ПС Ответ: 5 - 17
Natten
Дата: 10 май 2007, 21:45 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж Санкт-Петербург
Цитата
» Цитата
Grey Dog in Soho, a few blocks away from where they live

То есть где-то недалеко от этой звукозаписывающей студии живут Савой?! Надо будет при первой же подвернувшейся поездке в NYC их навестить, благо теперь мы знаем их приблизительный адрес )))
tangerine, спасибо за столько интересной инфы. Всегда приятно узнать что-нибудь новенькое о жизни любимой группы
Немножко, конечно, расстраивает, что на новом диске мало новых песен, но, в принципе, диск должен быть неплохим, как и все, что делает Савой.

2. You always have your friends around, but something you should know I think they're fakers...
3. Half of the time I'm just not there out of reach some of the time I just pretend to a stranger or a friend...
(P.-W. Savoy)
ПС Ответ: 6 - 17
tangerine
Дата: 10 май 2007, 22:16 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж москва
Natten,
п.с. передавай привет при " первой же подвернувшейся поездке в NYC"

i'm still talking to you
ПС Ответ: 7 - 17
tangerine
Дата: 10 май 2007, 22:54 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж москва
Интервью с Savoy....старина Пол привел себя в порядок ...таки=)))

http://netttv.aftenposten.no/player/player.php?id=3519&category_id=3519&bandwidth=12788563

i'm still talking to you
ПС Ответ: 8 - 17
Лил
Дата: 10 май 2007, 22:56 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
Член клуба администратор

Лев с Венерой в Деве

ж Петербург
Ого, Пола и правда не узнать! Такой прямо... стильный.

СайтПСICQ Ответ: 9 - 17
Natten
Дата: 10 май 2007, 23:03 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж Санкт-Петербург
Все говорят, клевый, стильный......а у меня вот ссылка не срабатывает

(P.-W. Savoy)
ПС Ответ: 10 - 17
viks
Дата: 10 май 2007, 23:58 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
Член клуба HL

You lift me up into the sky!..

ж СПб
Это вот это: Savoy med ny plate (02:36)? Где Пол в костюме?
У него так щечки округлились - хорошо отдохнул после тура! А Лорен, наоборот, по-моему, похудела.

ПСICQ Ответ: 11 - 17
Mary Jane
Дата: 11 май 2007, 04:22 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
солист

the truth is out there

Цитата
» Цитата
Ого, Пола и правда не узнать! Такой прямо... стильный.

Лорен раньше только мельком  видела, разглядела наконец. Симпатичная девушка.  
СайтПС Ответ: 12 - 17
Mary Jane
Дата: 10 июнь 2007, 20:50 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
солист

the truth is out there

Karma Boomerang можно скачать тут http://www.mytempdir.com/1333815
СайтПС Ответ: 13 - 17
Лил
Дата: 10 июнь 2007, 21:15 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
Член клуба администратор

Лев с Венерой в Деве

ж Петербург
Спасибо, Mary Jane!

СайтПСICQ Ответ: 14 - 17
Mary Jane
Дата: 16 июль 2007, 21:46 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
солист

the truth is out there

Промо видео альбома  Savoy Songbook
http://www.universalmusic.no/wvxgen.asp?savoy-tvspot512.wmv

СайтПС Ответ: 15 - 17
Natten
Дата: 14 август 2007, 21:17 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж Санкт-Петербург
Mary Jane, спасибо! Мне понравилось! Ну вот, теперь буду знать как выглядит диск, кот. мне, надеюсь, скоро из Норвегии привезут

(P.-W. Savoy)
ПС Ответ: 16 - 17
tangerine
Дата: 15 август 2007, 00:03 ЦитироватьСообщить модератору
звезда

ж москва
Цитата
» Цитата
кот. мне, надеюсь, скоро из Норвегии привезут

у ты какая..

i'm still talking to you